This Monday Zimbabwe will see the best of Mobile money and Digital payments awards being presented to Zimbabwe`s most outstanding players allongside the Mobile Money and Digital Payments Conference 2015, organised by Oxlink Capital.
Top amongst the agenda, before awarding the outstanding players, Oxlink seek to create a level playing field between conventional banks and telecommunications players as we move on the next emerging sector that will drive Zimbabwe`s Gross Domestic Product by a significant margin.
The minister of ICT, Postal and Courier Services, Supa Mandiwanzira, will be the guest of honor at the event, where the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe governor, Dr John Mangudya, will be also among the speakers across the banking and technological sector
The conference will also see the launch of the Mobile Money Awards at a ceremony that will seek to recognise outstanding performance and innovation in the various segments of the Zimbabwean mobile money and digital payments ecosystem.
1. Best Mobile Money and Digital Payments Award-Telecoms Sector Nominees: One Wallet, TeleCash, EcoCash
2. Best Mobile Money and Digital Payments Award-Banking Sector Nominees: FBC Bank, CABS, Steward Bank, CBZ, and P.O.S.B.
3. Most comprehensive and innovative Package Award-Payments Nominees: Nettcash, EcoCash, CABS, Steward Bank.
4. Best Mobile Money and Digital Payments Award-Merchants Nominees: Spar, Edgars, TM, Innscor, OK Zimbabwe.
5. Best Mobile Money and Digital Payments Award-Billers Nominees: City of Harare, TelOne, ZESA, Nyaradzo Group, MultiChoice.
6. Best E-commerce Solution Provider Award Nominees: Zimswitch, Afrosoft, Payserv.
Who should attend?
– Mobile money operators
– Micro finance institutions
– Finance institutions, insurance companies
– Retailers, Technology providers, Payment processors
– Platform owners Technology Providers
– Regulators and Policy makers
– Billing companies, Municipalities etc
– SMEs, innovators and service providers active in the financial services sector
– High level managers at CEO, COO and CFO level in Banks, MFIs and Telecom Operators
1. Interrogating the adequacy of regulation, oversight and depositor protection mechanisms in telecoms mobile money industry.
2. Mobile money: Transforming livelihoods in Africa.
3. Tackling the uneven playfield: Opportunities for interoperability.
4. The future of mobile money come 2020.
5. Are Banks catching up?