State Owned Converged operator , TelOne is jetting in international experts on Intellectual Property from USA, Japan, Kenya and other regional tech giants as they seek to demystify the IP strategy, for players operating a business in a knowledge-based economy.
TelOne is set to hold an International Intellectual Property (IP) Conference running under the theme International Property and Industry 4.0: Developing a New Discourse for African Players from the 29th to the 30th of November 2018 at Kingdom Hotel in Victoria Falls.
The workshop comes within the framework of contemporary efforts to protect and promote intellectual property rights, and to raise awareness among intellectual property agents and the public about the importance of registering and protecting patents against infringement by registering them with responsible authorities.
Seven renowned speakers scheduled to speak will include legal expert Dr Andrew Mutsiwa With
African Regional Intellectual Property Organization from Zimbabwe, Dr Marisella Ouma a PhD holder from Queen Mary, University of London and leading Intellectual Property Law expert in Africa, specialising in copyright and related rights, enforcement, Intellectual Property and Trade, and Traditional knowledge.
The current Kenyan Deputy Solicitor General and former Executive Director of the Kenya Copyright Board (KECOBO) will share her knowledge and experiences on antitrust and intellectual property issues. She has served on various Boards such as the Anti Counterfeit Agency and the Kenya Industrial Property Institute in Kenya.
Business Attorney Harmony N. Oswald(USA), and Director of the Nigerian Copyright Institute John O.Asein Esq are set to share with the latest trends, insights and strategies for patent procurement, litigation, trademark issues and other topical IP issues.
Other leading experts are Prof Yoshitoshi Tanaka (Japan), Jennifer Martin (USA) and Fernando Dos Santos with African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (Zimbabwe).
Below are some of the topics that will be extensively discussed with Question and Answer sessions regard the different sessions.
- Intellectual Property Protection and Technology Development in Industry 4.0
- IP in AI, IOT and big data, senor hardware,wireless communication, digital twin and software analytics.
- IP and standards in industry 4.0 Application of IOT, AI and big data for example Automation, medical services, Telecommunications, Fintec and Hardware
- Intellectual Property Related disputes, enforcements and dispute resolution procedures in industry 4.0
- The role of SMEs/Innovators and utilization of the IP system to take advantage of Industry 4.0
- Intellectual Property, Research and Innovations in industry 4.0
This conference will also provide ample opportunities for business networking with visionary entrepreneurs and industry experts around the country and the region world.