How To Create A Windows Bootable USB Disk in 6 Simple StepsMarch 12, 2013 / By: Editor / Tips & Tricks / No Comment // 321 Views
A USB flash drive is a faster storage medium compared to CD or DVD. For some applications where speed matters, it’s always preferable to use a USB flash drive instead of regular optical storage media. One of these applications is of course, installing an operating system. Installing from a USB flash drive is noticeably faster than installing from optical media and it can also serve as a backup in case your CD/DVD drive fails. So here’s how to create a Windows bootable USB disk in a few simple steps!
Step 2: Extract it where you want and run it.
Step 3: You should see a screen like the one below.
Step 4: Plug in the USB drive you want to use as the Windows bootable USB disk, make sure that it’s empty.
Step 5: Now select your source file or directory. Here you can select an ISO image or if you don’t have one, simply select the folder where all the installation files are available.
Step 6: Click “Do it!” and wait for the process to complete, it might take a while.
Once this is done, your USB flash drive should be ready to install Windows wherever you want. It’s always good to keep one USB flash drive as backup with the setup of your operating system of choice in case of any failures, since you can even run automatic or manual startup repair from it instead of installing a completely new copy of it. It’s even helpful if you want to install an operating system on ultrabooks or notebooks with no optical disk drive included. For best results, use a USB 3.0 flash drive and of course, plug it into a USB 3.0 port on your PC or laptop. So that was how to create a Windows bootable USB disk, please let us know if you have any queries!
About the Author : Editor
The writer is the editor for TechnoMag. my personal twitter @toneo1st. mail editor@technomag(dot)co(dot)zw twitter https://twitter.com/TechnoMagZw and facebook page http://www.facebook.com/technomagzw
Subscribe to TechnoMag
Video Of The Week
Find us on Facebook
- #TechJob : Wanted Is A Power Engineer November 20, 2014 / Tech Jobs / No Comment
- Live Streaming: SGC Conference, Reducing Communication Costs by 50% November 20, 2014 / Current News / No Comment
- Asking For Facebook Likes, Shares or Comments Now An Offence November 20, 2014 / Current News / 1 comment
- Tech Joke Of The Day: Call From Hell 2 November 19, 2014 / Tech Jokes / No Comment
- Econet’s Scratch & Win A Hoax? November 19, 2014 / Current News / 1 comment
- Download Of The Week: Free Whatsapp For Nokia S40 (X2-Asha series) updated! April 21, 2013 / Download Of The Day / No Comment
- Econet Confirms; We have Switched Off Telecel July 25, 2013 / Current News / No Comment
- Microsoft Launching Today In Harare February 11, 2013 / Current News / No Comment
- Ecocash vs Cabs, The Gloves Are Off! February 11, 2013 / Current News / No Comment
- Microsoft Windows 8 launch pulls hundreds in Harare February 13, 2013 / Current News / No Comment
- Marshall Saonga: Facebook is now a giant that can make or break anything that...
- mukoma mandebvu: yea it seems like Econet is cheating people on that promotio...
- hardlife matamba: Guys can be exonerated for their ignorance, kikkikiki they w...
- mosay investments Pvt (Ltd): i need to be your agent...
- paul: hello...