How To Create A Windows Bootable USB Disk in 6 Simple StepsMarch 12, 2013 / By: Editor / Tips & Tricks / No Comment // 342 Views
A USB flash drive is a faster storage medium compared to CD or DVD. For some applications where speed matters, it’s always preferable to use a USB flash drive instead of regular optical storage media. One of these applications is of course, installing an operating system. Installing from a USB flash drive is noticeably faster than installing from optical media and it can also serve as a backup in case your CD/DVD drive fails. So here’s how to create a Windows bootable USB disk in a few simple steps!
Step 2: Extract it where you want and run it.
Step 3: You should see a screen like the one below.
Step 4: Plug in the USB drive you want to use as the Windows bootable USB disk, make sure that it’s empty.
Step 5: Now select your source file or directory. Here you can select an ISO image or if you don’t have one, simply select the folder where all the installation files are available.
Step 6: Click “Do it!” and wait for the process to complete, it might take a while.
Once this is done, your USB flash drive should be ready to install Windows wherever you want. It’s always good to keep one USB flash drive as backup with the setup of your operating system of choice in case of any failures, since you can even run automatic or manual startup repair from it instead of installing a completely new copy of it. It’s even helpful if you want to install an operating system on ultrabooks or notebooks with no optical disk drive included. For best results, use a USB 3.0 flash drive and of course, plug it into a USB 3.0 port on your PC or laptop. So that was how to create a Windows bootable USB disk, please let us know if you have any queries!
About the Author : Editor
The writer is the editor for TechnoMag. my personal twitter @toneo1st. mail editor@technomag(dot)co(dot)zw twitter https://twitter.com/TechnoMagZw and facebook page http://www.facebook.com/technomagzw
December 17, 2014. #PCPrank Set the Mouse Pointer to Look Always Busy
December 10, 2014. How To Record Your Webcam With VLC : Step 3
December 9, 2014. How To Record Your Webcam With VLC : Step 2
December 8, 2014. How To Record Your Webcam With VLC
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Video Of The Week
Find us on Facebook
- More On Masiyiwa’s Resistance To Potraz Move December 19, 2014 / Current News / No Comment
- Online Shopping Rampant in Zimbabwe December 19, 2014 / Opinions & Analyses / No Comment
- Telecel Unveils Mock Number Portability System December 19, 2014 / Current News / No Comment
- Webster Shamu and Olivia Muchena Will NOT Launch TechnoMag December 18, 2014 / Current News / No Comment
- The Complexity of Sharing Communication Infrastructure December 18, 2014 / Current News / No Comment
- Download Of The Week: Free Whatsapp For Nokia S40 (X2-Asha series) updated! April 21, 2013 / Download Of The Day / No Comment
- Econet Confirms; We have Switched Off Telecel July 25, 2013 / Current News / No Comment
- Microsoft Launching Today In Harare February 11, 2013 / Current News / No Comment
- Prophet E Makandiwa Launches Christ TV October 25, 2013 / Current News / No Comment
- Ecocash vs Cabs, The Gloves Are Off! February 11, 2013 / Current News / No Comment
- oswelled ureke: definitely one of Zim's best TV minds still around...
- faith muzamese: i would love one...
- hardlife matamba: The charges are somehow not fair to us consumers, why not sl...
- takura: There is this other day i wanted to send $50 to a relative i...
- brumwell: Concerning about cost, i think is affordable but becoz it co...